Business coaches and consultants advising small and medium-sized businesses need to be able to quickly evaluate their client’s business and add value with strategies, like pinpointing areas that need improved with the business.
How IndustriusCFO Can Help You
As an advisor, you also need to give your clients reliable comparisons and industry peer benchmarks to support your analysis and justify your recommendations.
That’s where IndustriusCFO comes into play. Our Industry Metrics reports and our user-friendly Business Analyzer modules will help you achieve your goals of making a business successful.
Industry Metrics Features
- Industry Metrics One Year Report: View a company’s industry competitor or peer group’s annual financial data based on a specified region to understand how factors like expenses change over a one-year period.
- Industry Metrics Four Year: View a company’s industry competitor or peer group’s most recent four years of financial data based on a specific region to gain a deep understanding of how financials change over this time period.
Business Analyzer Modules Features
- Quickly analyze a business’s financial performance using 8 user-friendly modules.
- Compare the company to industry financial benchmarks.
- Easily determine weaknesses and strengths so you can improve the business.
- Accurate snapshots of all of your client business’s financial health – in minutes! It takes only five minutes to enter your data and produce a concise profile of a company’s fiscal state, including critical business ratios focusing on liquidity, profitability, asset efficiency, and growth.
- Gain new clients by being able to provide unique benchmarks and valuable tools that other coaches and consultants just don’t have.
- Valuable insight will set you apart from other coaches when talking about financial data with your client. Being data and number driven will give Consultants using IndustriusCFO an advantage.
- Present reliable benchmarks from over 1 million privately-held companies in over 2,600 industry segments. Demonstrate how a business’s performance compares against industry peers. Benchmark using only relevant companies based on Region and parameters you set in Net Sales, Total Assets, Age of Firm, and Number of Employees.
- Convince clients by showing them performance benchmarks that are difficult to dispute.
- Convince bankers and insurance agents with arguments using a language that they can understand: numbers.
- Your results look instantly professional – no additional effort needed.
Most of our monthly packages include training to help you use IndustriusCFO quickly and efficiently! Contact us at email@example.com or call us at 412-325-8040 to schedule your free demo today!
Financial Peer Assessment Benchmark – Competitive Advantage Realized
Client: Performance Associates International, LLC
Steve Blaney, President
Performance Associates International, LLC utilizes [IndustriusCFO’s] Business Analyzer to benchmark our firm’s current and potential clients’ performance. The firm has used the services over the past few years and has been very satisfied with the results and support from [IndustriusCFO].
In one particular client engagement, the tool has been instrumental in moving the firm forward. The owner of a 20 employee law firm with annual revenue of about $2 million was frustrated over his firm’s financial performance. This included top line growth, profitability, and productivity.
The [IndustriusCFO] benchmarking analysis put the situation into perspective. 509 peers averaged a net profit of 6.77%, while our client generated only 5.04% and the top tenth percentile produced 10%. The firm is leaving $34,000 to $150,000 on the table on an annual basis.
Just as importantly, the owner entertained the notion that he could take his book of business to another law firm and make the same amount of money without the headaches and stress.
However, [IndustriusCFO’s] valuation of the business and its current performance level predicted the firm was worth $279,000.
The owner reflected and stated he would never sell the business for that amount of money; the business was worth much more to him. This renewed his focus and commitment to improving the practice.
Profit centers were implemented, management was decentralized and a pay for performance system is being implemented. Minimal pay increases occurred and the ground rules were set on how to generate and earn more.
Productivity and profitability is now measured on a monthly basis for the firm, the profit centers and all employees. Changes towards more entrepreneurial behavior are being noticed.
The [IndustriusCFO] analysis also pointed out that his collections process was out of alignment with the legal industry. Their Accounts Receivables were $130,000 more than that of their average peer.
The [IndustriusCFO] analysis provided very valuable insights into the legal industry and helped transition the owner and his employees into moving towards improving the firm’s financial performance with the support of Performance Associates International, LLC and the [IndustriusCFO] tools.
“Would like to say I believe your product is outstanding.”
Larry Heller (Business Coach)
“These are the most effective tools in the market to help my clients evaluate their business.”
Tom Noteboom (Business Coach)
“Using [IndustriusCFO] gives me a unique position as a consultant and coach.”
Bill Foley (Consultant, CPA)
“The [IndustriusCFO] analyses and reports have been instrumental in getting our last three clients to come on board and have brought a level of credibility to our own JumpStart Business Development Business Plan that has astonished us and the people of influence that we have shared it with.”
Paul L. Cole (President, JumpStart Business Development)
“I was working with a new client who is preparing to launch an auto repair business. It was only our second visit together and I have been helping him draft a business plan and putting together a pro forma budget model for him. I decided to plug the pro forma budget model into [IndustriusCFO] to see how our assumptions compared to existing auto repair businesses of the same size, and we were both pleased to see that our assumptions were right on as compared to existing businesses of the same size. This made my client feel much more confident that he could indeed move forward with the launch as scheduled and I believe that the [IndustriusCFO] tool was the “proof in the pudding” that he needed to start feeling like his dream was going to become a reality. Thanks, [IndustriusCFO]!”
Randy Nowell (President, Success Coaching & Business Development)
“I continue to be amazed at the capability of these tools.”
Paul Cole (Business Coach)
“As a Texas based Small Business Development Center (SBDC) agent I have tried multiple financial tools to help me help my clients in good times and bad. I have used financial benchmarks from RMA, Financial Studies in Small Business, and BizMiner but have come back to the [IndustriusCFO] system for valuation, benchmarking, and for assisting clients to understand the changes needed in their business. The information is easy to read and readily available on the Internet when I need it. With its more complete and accurate database and the prediction tools it makes my work all that more effective!”
SBDC Agent, TX
“I sell my clients on the conviction that I can discover and unlock unused potential in their business. [IndustriusCFO] points me to the “gold mines” and even lets me put a $ number behind it.”
Bill Stewart (Consultant, CPA)
“[IndustriusCFO] is a leading provider of quality benchmarking data, which, based on our research, is unrivaled in the breadth and integrity. Combined with innovative and powerful analyses covering the full range of financial performance measures including profitability, liquidity and growth, [IndustriusCFO] makes an ideal partner for PBCA. Our members are proud to offer this amazing benefit to their coaching clients.”
John Deagan (President, Professional Business Coaches Alliance)
“I use the scorecard to get my foot in the door with new clients. I can show them where they are at in 10 minutes. And it always gets us talking about the first things needed for improvement.”
Daniel Lemon (Management Consultant)